Vaishali A. Patel
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate chip and Pistachio Cardamom cookie - Covid Cookies
Updated: Apr 24, 2021
by Kesar Patel
* 1/4 cup Coconut Milk (thicker version)
* 1/4 cup Cinnamon flavor unsweetened apple sauce
* 1/2 cup Coconut oil solid - soft
* 1 and 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 cups Vegan chocolate chips/chunks or for the Pistachio Cardamom version 1 cup small pieces of cashews and pistachios and 2 tsp of Cardamom
* 2 and 1/3 cups All purpose flour for Regular version - for GLUTEN FREE use 1 cup Almond flour, 1 cup quinoa flour and 1/3 cup Potato starch
How to make them:
* Preheat to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
* In a bowl mix coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla beating and combing well. Add the coconut milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined. Put it aside
* In another bowl combine flour mix, baking soda and salt and whisk well
* Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients using a wooden spoon or strong spatula. Batter will be thick now you can add your chocolate chip or the Nut mix.
* Scoop it up and leave some spaces in between the cookies as it will spread.
* Bake for 9-10 minutes
* Cool and Enjoy.
Liked this recipe and want more? Sign up for our email list!
#recipe #baking #cookies #Vegan #GlutenFree #Chocolate #Pistachio #Cardamom