Updated: Aug 12, 2020
My journey with the milks in the United States has been an interesting one. No I am not allergic to milk and I enjoy the taste of it however the way its made here and sold here is something I am uncomfortable with. If I can get raw milk everyday I wouldn't mind drinking milk as the store bought milk even the organic ones have so many additives and the way the cows are treated is something I can't fathom so I avoid dairy as much as I can. . ☕ This Vegan Chai after trying so many different milks and alternatives is the best one yet and we love it. I don't miss regular milk in this one at all and if you are looking for an alternative try this out.
1. 1 cup water
2. 1/2 cup oatmilk (I like this brand from Trader Joes)
3. 3/4 cup Almond Milk ( This one is great because its clean, just almonds and water)
4. 1-2 tsp of Chai leaves (patti, my favorite is Vaagh Bakari brand)
5. 1 tsp of Sugar if needed more
6. 1 tsp of Chai Masala( You can buy this in a store or make your own)
7. 2 tsp minced ginger.
1. Boil water
2. Add tea leaves
3. Add Sugar
4. Add Chai Masalo
5. Boil some more
6. Add oat milk, boil and then right when you are about to turn off the stove add the ginger and almond milk and turn it off. (Be sure not to boil with ginger, the milk will separate, you can skip the ginger step completely if you like)
7. Enjoy your Vegan Chai