Gluten Free Thepla
11/2 cup of all purpose gluten free flour (Indian stores carry a flour blend thats for fasting or gluten free so it has all flours like Rice flour)
1/4 cup Juvaar flour
1 - 2 cup Methi leaves (You can use fresh leaves or what I like to do is sun dry the fresh leaves and then store them in a jar so they last all year long and you can use them anytime)
1/4 Channa flour (gram flour)
1 tsp ginger minced (Peelelu aadu)
1 tsp fresh green chili minced
1 tsp garlic (optinal)
salt to taste
red chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder (Suka dhaanaa) 1 tsp Haldi
4tbsp Dahi (yogurt)
1 tbsp oil for dough
1. Mix all the dry ingredients including flours and spices. Add fresh methi leaves chopped finely or dry methi leaves crushed.
2. Add freshly minced spices like Ginger and chili
3. Add oil and mix the dough well with some hot water.
4. Knead well, and leave the dough covered for few minutes.
5. Make it into small balls and then roll out the thepla like you would with Rotli.
6. You can use rice flour to help with the rolling if needed.