Updated: Aug 12, 2020
This is an easy go to recipe in our house and some days I pair it with these sweet potato fries or regular fries.
For Tofu Scramble:
1 Extra Firm Tofu pack
2 tsp Ginger minced
2 tsp Garlic minced
2 tsp Green chilies minced
1 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tsp Sriracha sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 medium finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped large tomato
1/2 finely chopped green Bell Pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped Cilantro
1 tbsp Oil of your choice (we like Chili Garlic oils or Oilive oil)
* Remove the excess water from the tofu by squeezing it out in the sink.
* In medium size skillet crumble the tofu in it and on medium heat let the water evaporate for 5-8 minutes. Goal is to get the tofu as dry as you can.
* Remove the tofu on paper towel to get whatever remaining water out.
* In the same skillet on medium heat, add the oil, ginger, garlic, onions, bell peppers, stir then add green chilies, salt, turmeric and cook for only 1 minute then add the tofu, mix well add the soy sauce and sriracha sauce.
* Turn the heat off and add the tomatoes and Cilantro at the end.
* I normally make this and save it in the fridge for 4-5 days and it stays good in an air tight container
For Grilled Cheese:
* Choose bread of your choice
* Vegannaise (Vegan Mayo)
* Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
* Maggie hot and spicy sauce
* Ketchup and you are good to go.
Melt the cheese on the bread on a skillet and on the second bread spread veganaise and add scramble like shown above cook till the cheese is melted and put it together!