Singdana ni Chiki – Peanut brittles
1. Medium frying pan
2. 1 cup shelled peanuts
3. 1/2 cup jaggery ( gaud)or little over 1/4 cup Sugar
4. 2 tbsp of water
5. 1-2 tsp of ghee for greasing.
- Heat the pan on medium heat and add the peanuts
- Roast the peanuts while stirring them on medium heat untill you see some black spots on the peanuts
- Remove them in a separate plate to let them cool a bit.
- Once they cool you can rub them to get rid of the husk if needed
- If using the jaggery use the same pan and add 2 tbsp of water and the jaggery and keep stirring it on low medium heat to make it into a syrup and same goes for the sugar.
- Keep cooking this until it begins to harden, to make sure its cooked enough add a drop of this syrup in cup of cold water and if it hardens and turns into a ball its ready.
- Grease a small plate or pan with the foil paper greased with ghee and have it accessible
- Add the crunched up peanuts or whole peanuts in this syrup and stir quickly and turn off the heat.
- Add this mixture and spread it out on the greased pan evenly, use a rolling pin if necessary.
- Let this mixture cool and break it into pieces and enjoy