1. 1 cup Basmati Rice
2. 2tsp Cumin seeds
3. 2 bay leaves
4. 1 tbsp Ghee (Purified butter)
5. 2 1/4 cup of Water to cook the rice with.
6. 1.5 tsp of salt
1. In a small pot add the ghee on medium heat
2. Once it heats up add the cumin and let it brown for 2-3 minutes
3. Add the bay leaves and brown them for 30 seconds.
4. Add the rice and let it brown while stirring it for 2 minutes
5. Add the water, salt and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, once it boils then reduce it to low heat, cover the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off but leave the lid closed so it continues to cook.